Apple Cider Vinegar, aka ACV, has made a name for itself because of its numerous health benefits. It is a fermented juice made from apples, sometimes referred to as “sour wine”. It’s a product that you keep nearby in your pantry, but it can also aid with a number of health concerns, home upkeep, and beauty regimens. Here is a list of ways ACV can help you out:
Photo: Mattie Hagedorn
Energy Booster. ACV has potassium and enzymes that provide an adequate “pick me up”. Try adding some ACV to a glass of water to keep you going.
- Digestive Help. With antibiotic properties, ACV can assist with an upset stomach. It can also provide your body with a detox.
- Cold and Sore Throat Remedy. Feeling a little “under the weather?” ACV will break up the mucus, clear your sinuses and relieve your sore throat. Gargle ACV and warm water to keep a sore throat away. Try sipping some water and ACV to clear your sinuses.
- Weight Loss. ACV helps you feel more full, which helps you eat less. It also increases your metabolism and reduces water retention. It also affects the way your body digests starch, which means fewer calories are consumed.
- Cleaner. ACV makes an excellent household cleaner. It has no toxic or harmful chemicals. The bacteria fighting properties aids in fighting grease and germs.
- Odor Neutralizer. Is there an odor that you just can’t seem to get rid of? Set out a dish of apple cider vinegar. It absorbs the unpleasant odor quickly.
- Skin Cleanser. ACV can help even cleaning your skin. It helps prevent breakouts and balances your skin's PH levels.
- Hair Rinse. Using ACV for a weekly rinse can give you shinier and softer hair. It balances your hair’s PH level, and can reduce dandruff.
- Deodorant. Looking for a natural deodorant without damaging toxins? ACV will fight odor-causing bacteria. It doesn’t contain aluminum or other harmful ingredients like commercial deodorants.
- Food. Last but definitely not least, ACV can be used as an ingredient in many dishes and will still provide the health benefits listed above. Incorporate it into your diet by including it in juices, salad dressings and sauce recipes.
Apple Cider Vinegar provides many benefits, but we know it doesn’t smell or taste so great. There are several recipes and ways to go about incorporating it in to your everyday life. It comes in its original liquid form that you can mix into water or juices for consumption. There are also ACV pills that you can purchase for easier use.
Tell us, what do you use ACV for?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.