Lemons have many, many different uses. From lightning age spots and soothing sore throats to stopping bleeding gums and acting as an insect repellant. With such a variety of uses, it’s no wonder that we consider lemons a superfood!
Photo: Tony Hisgett
Below, we go over some of the health benefits of lemons.
- Lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which is great for fighting infections and boosting your immune system. They also help to neutralize free radicals (cancer causing agents) in the body
- The citric acid in lemons help to prevent kidney stones, gallstones and calcium deposits in the body
- The lemon cleanse is a natural alternative to cleaning out your colon and purging your body of toxins. Start your mornings with some lemon water and you’ll feel a difference! Check out some more benefits of drinking lemon water here
Photo: RedBull Trinker
- Your liver loves lemons! Lemons contain D-limonene which has been proven to activate enzymes in the liver that lead to detoxification. They also help with uric acid absorption and bile degradation.
- According to the American Heart Association, the risk of stroke for women was lower for those that consumed a larger amount of citrus fruits
- Need help fighting skin damage caused by the sun? Look no further than lemons. They also reduce wrinkles and help to tone your skin
Try out one of these recipes!
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
Lemon Chicken Breasts
Lemon Cream Pasta with Chicken
Tell us, how do you incorporate lemons into your daily diet?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.